FEAR AND IMMORTALITY

If I'm honest, I have had some strange fears recently that I am working on overcoming. Things that I thought I was passed, but apparently still need to work through.  They are spiritual fears, and I am sure I am not the only one who has had them, and I feel like they need to be acknowledged in order for me to begin working through them. For me, writing out what I am feeling helps clear my mind in a great way and helps me understand even more what I am really feeling and taking some of the emotion out of it.

I have lots of fears, I've lived through a lot, and I tend to hold on to bitterness way too long even if I think I have forgiven someone. Its a definite downfall of mine which I know I need to work on, and some of my fears I feel come from some of my unforgiveness and bitterness from my past.

I am currently going through some personal/spiritual fears that not only are adding the aspect of fear to my life, but also stress because I am CONSTANTLY thinking about things like this:


  • How am I going to find time to do more for Christ?
  • What am I being called to do?
  • When I figure out my calling, is it going to be something I WANT to do?
  • Is it going to be something safe?
  • Will my life be at risk?
  • Will my family's safety be in question?


I believe these fears stem from what I went through and experienced as a child/young teen watching my parents in ministry. When they were called it affected all of us. It took us to a third world country and destroyed us. It destroyed our family, and it individually destroyed each of us emotionally and spiritually. I don't want to put my family through that... I've been there, done that and don't want to re-live it. So how do I move past these fears? I believe it begins with prayer and turning those fears over to God. It begins with me letting go and trusting that God knows what is best for me and my family. I don't have to make the same mistakes my parents made, I don't even have to make the same decisions they did. I get to do what God puts on my heart and calls me specifically to do and if I am following in his footsteps and trying to mirror him then I won't make the same mistakes.

One thing I heard someone say at church this past Sunday as we are going through a Study on Revelation is that "We are immortal until God is finished with us.". That really hit me in a crazy way and made me realize that I don't need to fear death or fear putting my family in a position where their safety is questioned. If I am heading God's call. He is not going to let anything happen to us until he is done with us.

I am not sure what I am being called for yet, but I feel like its going to be something big and it scares me. I so badly want to dive deep into God's love and grace and find out what it is, but I also want to run and stay in my bubble of being "Just OK".

1 Peter 5: 6-7 says "Therefore, Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon Him, for he cares for you." 

My goal moving forward with these fears is to take that verse to heart and bring myself humbly before God in prayer, asking him to take those fears and mold me into the woman, wife and mother he needs me to be in order to answer to his calling.



Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing with us.I hope you can overcome your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Writing certainly helps me, I hope it helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sharing! Thank you very much for this amazing article, now i know what to do with fear! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Glad you discovered handling fear and why you shouldn't be afraid of death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly hope you're able to work through them! The first step is identifying them, and I am glad to see that you know you have fears to overcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. No one should be afraid of death. It's part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your faith helps you overcome your fears and find your calling. I personally find that talking about things which scare me, helps me accept them and move on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when we are scared it´s good to have some wise words to guide us and bring hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post! Glad you worked towards overcoming fears - It's incredibly important not to live your life through fears

    ReplyDelete
  10. Self reflection is the only way to grow. Its incredible that you have been able to take the time to reflect and recognize your fears and are actively working to overcome them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Self realization definitely helps to overcome your fears. Be positive and always stay strong !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fear might be bad, but we are afraid for things that we hold dear, and if you can identify your fears you are on your way of getting over them, and I hope that you do, each person has a different way of dealing with fear, and each one of us has a way that helps us not be overwhelmed with fear, just keep going at it, and I am sure you will succeed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the sharing, it is great to understand self realization and how to use that to overcome your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think there's a good purpose for fear - it makes us question what is going on and whether it's really something we should be doing, for safety reasons. I hope you overcome your struggles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts